Celebrating ALL the Loves in Your Life: I Love Books Blog Hop
You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover’s arms can only come later when you’re sure they won’t laugh if you trip. ~Author Unknown
Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and for many this holiday is about romance and the opportunity to do something special for the one they love; while others resent the pressure of having to come up with just the right gift or gesture to “prove” their love.
For many more, the days leading up to the holiday will serve as little more than an unwelcome reminder of love lost or not-yet-found.
If you happen to fall into one of the last two camps, you can of course simply keep in mind it’s just 24 hours in your life, suck it up and do your best, or you could choose to ignore Valentine’s Day all together.
Or, you could choose to embrace the spirit of the holiday, and make Valentine’s Day more meaningful.
Life is short, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish them.
While it is human nature to equate love with romance and commitment, there is so much more to this condition we call love. In fact, according to the experts, there are roughly fifteen different kinds of love: Infatuation, romantic, passionate, companionate, unconditional, conditional, puppy, maternal, paternal, self-love, spiritual, soul mate, love of your country or patriotism, brotherly love, tough love … oh, and as an extra bonus, let’s not overlook love of life itself!
Why not consider making this a time to honor all of the loves in your live. Gifts aside, have a heartfelt conversation with the one you love … and really listen. If you don’t have a partner at the moment, grab a friend or two, take a day trip, enjoy a happy hour, or spend some quality time with your beloved pet, do a good deed for a stranger … smile at everyone you meet and wish them a Happy Valentine’s Day, call or visit someone who is lonely, or simply tell a good friend you are grateful to have him/her in your life.
To help get you inspired, I’d like to share with you a few of my favorite inspirational quotations from my new book, Words of Wisdom on Life & Love …
- I’ve learned that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is be someone who can be loved. The rest is up to them. I’ve learned that no matter how much I care, some people just don’t care back. And it’s not the end of the world. ~Author Unknown
- Loving yourself…does not mean being self-absorbed or narcissistic, or disregarding others. Rather it means welcoming yourself as the most honored guest in your own heart, a guest worthy of respect, a lovable companion. ~Margo Anand
- Family is not reserved for flesh and blood. It’s time, love, caring and sharing. That’s family! ~Author Unknown
- A friend says “Don’t look down,” but a best friend says, “It’s okay to look down. I won’t let you fall.” ~Author Unknown
- I love my dog. I used to look at him and think – “If you were a little smarter you could tell me what you were thinking” and he’d look at me like he was thinking “If you were a little smarter I wouldn’t have to.” ~Author Unknown
- Love is like a butterfly. If you chase after it, it will fly away. But, if you are patient and sit still long enough it will come to you. ~Author Unknown
- A boy spends his time finding a girl to sleep with. A real man spends his time looking for the woman worth waking up to. ~Author Unknown
- Love at first sight is easy to understand; it’s when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle. ~Sam Levenson
- The decision to kiss for the first time is the most crucial in any love story. It changes the relationship of two people much more strongly than even the final surrender, because this kiss already has within it that surrender. ~Emil Ludwig
- Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It’s not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end. ~Author Unknown
- I know there’s someone meant for me, and now see that’s not you. For what it’s worth, I want you to know I value the years that we shared and the way we both cared. Even though it ended badly, please know that I loved you, and I loved what we had. ~Author Unknown
- Life is not always about trying to fix something that’s broken. Sometimes it’s about starting over and creating something better. ~Author Unknown
- Somewhere between all our laughs, long talks, stupid little fights, and all our lame jokes, I fell in love with you. ~Author Unknown
- Love is more than three words mumbled before bedtime. Love is sustained by action, a pattern of devotion in the things we do for each other every day. ~Nicholas Sparks
- The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth, the delight, the ecstasy of it, you will discover that for you the world is transformed. ~Jiddu Krishnamurti
- A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year. ~Paul Sweeney
- If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you. ~A. A. Milne
- Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “WOO HOO what a ride! ~Author Unknown
What readers are saying …
“This heartwarming book took me on a journey of love from the very cover to the final chapter. It is worth the purchase and will leave you feeling inspired and uplifted.” ~K.G
I hope you’ll consider contributing to the conversation by leaving a comment and sharing this post with your friends! In fact I’d love to connect with YOU! To follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc., just click here.
I also hope you will consider joining the IGG Community! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up, and then each new article will be conveniently delivered to your email inbox … and of course you’ll also receive your free copy of my NEW Welcome Gift for Subscribers – Believe in Yourself!
To learn more – press here.