If You’re Not Happy … Maybe You’re Not Dreaming Big Enough
My concern for you is not that you fail at anything … my concern is that you will succeed at something that doesn’t matter. ~Shelene Bryan, Founder Skip1.org
* They feel safer or more “realistic,” less likely to result in the pain of failure.
* Lack of self-confidence or disappointments in our lives that have left us feeling “why bother?”
* Because of what other people have told us to believe about life and ourselves.
Limitations are excuses for predetermined failures. There are no limits when it comes to your dreams, so why not dare to dream a BIG, bold beautiful dream!
If you’re not happy, maybe it’s because you’re not dreaming big enough to make your heart sing and drive you toward succeeding at something that matters.
The idea is to dream big and focus on those dreams. Focus on them and believe in them … and believe that you DESERVE them. Only then will you be inspired to do whatever it takes to make your dreams a reality.
Anything IS possible you know …
- If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one. ~Dolly Parton
- The greatest dreams are always unrealistic. ~Will Smith
- Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be. ~ Karen Rayn
- Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal. ~Pamela Vaull Star
- Dream of lofty dreams, and as you dream, so shall you become. ~James Allen
- Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men. ~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
- Dreaming is an act of pure imagination, attesting in all men a creative power, which, if it were available in waking, would make every man a Dante or a Shakespeare. ~H. F. Hedge
- Dreams are illustrations from the book your soul is writing about you. ~Marsha Norman
- The world needs people like you to dream of something great and then pursue it with all your heart. ~Chris Widener
- You have a masterpiece inside you, you know. One unlike any that has ever been created, or ever will be. If you go to your grave without painting your masterpiece, it will not get painted. No one else can paint it. Only you. ~Gordon MacKenzie
- Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born. ~Dale E. Turner
- You got to sing like you don’t need the money … love like you’ll never get hurt.
You got to dance like nobody’s watchin’ … it’s gotta come from the heart if you want it to work. ~Susanna Clark & Richard Leigh
- Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. ~Howard Thurman
- The greatest thing is, at any moment, to be willing to give up who we are in order to become all that we can be. ~Max De Pree
- How are you going to spend this one odd and precious life you have been issued? Whether you’re going to spend it trying to look good and creating the illusion that you have power over people and circumstances, or whether you are going to taste it, enjoy it and find out the truth about who you are. ~Anne Lamott
- There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. ~Maya Angelou
- Throughout the years of your life you will face many challenges, remember that you can climb the highest mountain, drive through the roughest storm, soar across the bluest sky, or even sail across the roughest waters. It is only destined by your attitude where you will end up in life. The most important thing is don’t let yourself get lost in the crowd. ~Angela Duvall
- Think about your future possibilities and the fact that your potential is virtually unlimited. You can do what you want to do and go where you want to go. You can be the person you want to be. You can set large and small goals and make plans and move step-by-step, progressively toward their realization. There are no obstacles to what you can accomplish except the obstacles that you create in your mind. ~Brian Tracy
- Don’t live down to expectations. Go out there and do something remarkable. ~Wendy Wasserstein
- Life is short, live bold! Be heard, be you, dream big, take risks, don’t wait! ~Misty Gibbs
So here’s the question I’ll leave you with … take a look at your current goals and dreams. Are they “realistic” dreams that feel comfortably safe … or are they BIG bold dreams that will test your courage and force you to grow in ways you cannot begin to imagine today?
If you enjoyed this article or would like to contribute to the conversation, please take a moment to leave a comment … or if you’re a regular visit to IGG and would be interested in leaving a kind word or two, please pop over to my new Testimonial page … either way, love to hear from you!
I hope you will consider joining our Subscriber Community! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up, and then each new article will be conveniently delivered to your email inbox … and of course you’ll also receive your Free Welcome Gift.
To conveniently subscribe – press here.