One to Ten – How Committed Are You?
How will you live today in order to create the tomorrow you are committed to? ~Tony Robbins
More often than not when we see the word commitment we think of relationships, but in truth we can be committed to many different things in life – supporting a cause, achieving a goal, improving our health, following a career path or making a difference in the world, to name a few. So, just how committed are you?
You see, the real question is not what we are committed to, it’s how committed are we – really? Try this – think of something you are committed to having, doing or being in your life, and ask yourself to honestly rate your commitment – one to ten.
There’s no need for me to give you a guideline to judge the accuracy of your response, because you will feel it in your heart … if you’re not being honest with yourself about your level of commitment there will be a little tug of hesitancy … and with that a little seed of doubt has been planted.
Mind you, having doubts about your commitment does not necessarily mean that the commitment is wrong, but it does mean that you might want to ask yourself a few more questions. Questions like “Am I committed, or just hoping this will work out?” or “How far will I really go to keep this commitment?” or “Is this commitment mine, or am I trying to please someone else?”
While you ponder those questions, here are a few inspirational thoughts for you on commitment:
- Freedom is not the absence of commitment, but the ability to choose – and commit myself to – what is best for me. ~Paul Coelho
- Unless commitment is made, there is only promise and hope … but no plan. ~Peter F. Drucker
- Anyone can dabble, but once you’ve made that commitment, your blood has that particular thing in it, and it’s very hard for people to stop you. ~Bill Cosby
- Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach. ~Tom Robbins
- Commitment, by its nature, frees us from ourselves and, while it stands us in opposition to some, it joins us with others similarly committed. Commitment moves us from the mirror trap of the self absorbed with the self to the freedom of a community of shared values. ~Michael Lewis
- Commitment unlocks the doors of imagination, allows vision, and gives us the right stuff to turn our dream into reality. ~James Womack
- Once a man has made a commitment to a way of life, he puts the greatest strength in the world behind him. It’s something we call heart power. Once a man has made this commitment, nothing will stop him short of success. ~Vince Lombardi
- There are only two options regarding commitment, you’re either in or you’re out. There’s no such thing as life in between. ~Author Unknown
- The relationship between commitment and doubt is by no means an antagonistic one. Commitment is healthiest when it’s not without doubt but in spite of doubt. ~Rollo May
- Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek. ~Mario Andretti
- If we commit ourselves to one person for life, this is not, as many people think, a rejection of freedom; rather, it demands the courage to move into all the risks of freedom, and the risk of love which is permanent; into that love which is not possession but participation. ~Madeleine L’Engle
- There’s no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love. There is only a scarcity of resolve to make it happen. ~Wayne W. Dyer
- There’s a difference between interest and commitment. When you’re interested in doing something, you do it only when it’s convenient. When you’re committed to something, you accept no excuses – only results. ~Kenneth Blanchard
- It is character that gets us out of bed, commitment that moves us into action, and discipline that enables us to follow through. ~Zig Ziglar
- Tolerance implies lack of commitment to one’s own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of the beliefs of others. ~John F. Kennedy
- When work, commitment, and pleasure all become one and you reach that deep well where passion lives, nothing is impossible. ~Author Unknown
I hope you’ll consider contributing to the conversation by leaving a comment and sharing this post with your friends! In fact I’d love to connect with YOU! To follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc., just click here.
I also hope you will consider joining the IGG Community! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up, and then each new article will be conveniently delivered to your email inbox … and of course you’ll also receive your free copy of my Welcome Gift for Subscribers – Believe in Yourself!
To learn more – press here.