The Biggest Obstacle to Achieving Dreams and Goals
The future depends on what you do today. ~Mohandas Karamchand Ghandhi
There is no secret … life is great deal of committing, experimenting, falling down and getting up, learning and growing, and the evolution begins with showing up.
The truth is, the biggest obstacle to achieving dreams and goals is taking the first step … waiting for the right time, waiting until you learn more, have more, do more.
Sometimes you just have to jump in and get started – somewhere, anywhere – even when you don’t know exactly how to do something.
You just have to take the first step.
- This life is yours. Take the power to choose what your want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to walk in the forest and be a part of nature. Take the power to control your own life. No one else can do it for you. Take the power to make your life happy. ~Susan Polis Schutz
- There are no shortcuts to any place worth going. ~Helen Keller
- You see, in life, lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know. Knowing is not enough! You must show up and take action. ~Anthony Robbins
- Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what? Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful. ~Mark Victor Hansen
- The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision. ~Robyn Davidson
- Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect. ~Alan Cohen
- One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular. ~Anthony Robbins
- Don’t listen to those who say, “It’s not done that way.” Maybe it’s not, but maybe YOU will. Don’t listen to those who say, “You’re taking too big a chance.” Michelangelo would have painted the Sistine floor, and it would surely be rubbed out today. Most importantly, don’t listen when the little voice of fear inside of you rears its ugly head and says, “They’re smarter than you out there. They’re more talented; they’re taller, blonder, prettier, luckier and have connections.” I firmly believe that if you follow a path that interests you, not to the exclusion of love, sensitivity, and cooperation of others, but with the strength of conviction that you can move others by your own efforts, and do not make success or failure the criteria by which you live, the chances are you’ll be a person worthy of your own respect. ~Neil Simon
- Take the first step and your mind will mobilize all its forces to your aid. But the first essential is that you begin. Once the battle is startled, all that is within and without you will come to your assistance. ~Robert Collier
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- It doesn’t matter what you did or where you were…it matters where you are and what you’re doing. Get out there! Sing the song in your heart and NEVER let anyone shut you up!! ~Steve Maraboli
- Impossible is just a word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given, than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It is an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It is a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. ~Author Unknown
With a new year and so many new readers, I thought this might be a good time to revisit our Manifesto. You’ll find the banner in the sidebar to the right and, if you enjoy inspirational quotations as much as I do, you may like to grab a free copy of the IGG Manifesto booklet that includes these and many other quotes.
If you enjoyed this article I hope you’ll consider contributing to the conversation by leaving a comment and sharing this post with your friends! In fact I’d love to connect with YOU! To follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc., just click here.
I also hope you will consider joining the IGG Community! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up, and then each new article will be conveniently delivered to your email inbox … and of course you’ll also receive your free copy of my NEW Welcome Gift for Subscribers – What’s Your Story?
To learn more – press here.