When Life Challenges You in Uncommon Ways
Life challenges are meant to help you discover who you really are. ~Author Unknown
Everyone has them … days when it seems that life is just throwing everything at you but the proverbial kitchen sink – testing you for all your worth. It can be hard to see at the time, but when life challenges you in uncommon ways, there is almost always a lesson to be learned.
Life is like a road. There are long and short roads, smooth and bumpy roads, crooked and straight roads. There will be roads that lead to fame and fortune on one hand, or isolation and poverty on the other. There are as many roads to happiness as there are roads to sadness.
Of two things you can be certain … there will be plenty of sign posts along the way to guide you, should you choose to recognize them, and there are bound to be at least a few unexpected detours.
Words of Wisdom to Lift the Spirit When Life Challenges You
- Having a rough day? Place your hand over your heart. Feel that? That’s called purpose. You are alive for a reason. Don’t give up. ~Author Unknown
- Never say that you can’t do something, or that something seems impossible, or that something can’t be done, no matter how discouraging or harrowing it may be; human beings are limited only by what we allow ourselves to be limited by: our own minds. We are each the masters of our own reality; when we become self-aware to this: absolutely anything in the world is possible. Master yourself, and become king of the world around you. Let no odds, chastisement, exile, doubt, or fear, prevent you from accomplishing your dreams. Never be a victim of life; be its conqueror. ~Mike Norton
- The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you refuse to take the turn. ~Author Unknown
- The most sacred place dwells within our heart, where dreams are born and secrets sleep, a mystical refuge of darkness and light, fear and conquest, adventure and discovery, challenge and transformation. Our heart speaks for our soul every moment while we are alive. Listen … as the whispering beat repeats: be…gin, be…gin, be…gin. It’s really that simple. Just begin … again. ~Royce Addington
- I believe life is constantly testing us for our level of commitment, and life’s greatest rewards are reserved for those who demonstrate a never-ending commitment to act until they achieve. This level of resolve can move mountains, but it must be constant and consistent. As simplistic as this may sound, it is still the common denominator separating those who live their dreams from those who live in regret. ~Anthony Robbins
- Sometimes, struggles are exactly what we need in our life. If we were to go through our life without any obstacles, we would be crippled. We would not be as strong as what we could have been. Give every opportunity a chance, leave no room for regrets. ~Author Unknown
- If I had my life to live over again, I’d try to make more mistakes next time. I would relax. I’d be sillier than I have been on this trip. I would climb more mountains, swim more rivers and watch more sunsets. I would have more actual troubles and less imaginary ones. Oh, I’ve had my moments, and if I had to do it over again, I’d have more of them. In fact, I’d try to have nothing else, just moments, one after another … I would pick more daisies. ~Nadine Stair (at age 89)
- In life you will realize that there is a purpose for everyone you meet. Some will test you, some will use you, and some will teach you. But most important are the ones that bring out the best in you. Those are the ones worth keeping around. ~Author Unknown
- Optimist: someone who isn’t sure whether life is a tragedy or a comedy but is tickled silly just to be in the play. ~Robert Brault
- Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today? ~Mary Manin Morrissey
- Sometimes I think my life would make a great TV movie. It even has the part where they say, ‘Stand by. We are experiencing temporary difficulties.’ ~Robert Brault
- I have not ceased being fearful, but I have ceased to let fear control me. I have accepted fear as a part of life — specifically the fear of change, the fear of the unknown; and I have gone ahead despite the pounding in my heart that says: turn back, turn back, you’ll die if you venture too far. ~Erica Jong
- There are two primary choices in life: accept conditions as they exist, or accept responsibility for changing them. ~Denis Waitley
- Buddha left a road map, Jesus left a road map, Krishna left a road map, Rand McNally left a road map. But you still have to travel the road yourself. ~Stephen Levine
- Each moment of your life is the sum total of all the prior moments. There’s not a single thing that happens to you that doesn’t leave its mark; doesn’t redirect your course somehow; doesn’t make you more fully who you are. ~Jefferson Bass, Author
- Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ‘WOO HOO what a ride!’ ~Author Unknown
If you enjoyed these inspirational quotations you may be interested to know that they come from Inspirational Words of Wisdom for Challenging Times. Recently updated and expanded, this eBook contains hundreds of carefully selected motivational quotes and life lessons that, each in its own way, lift the spirit and illustrates the power and value of developing greater resilience in life.
If you enjoyed this article I hope you’ll consider contributing to the conversation by leaving a comment and sharing this post with your friends! In fact I’d love to connect with YOU! To follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc., just click here
I also hope you will consider joining the IGG Community! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up, and then each new article will be conveniently delivered to your email inbox … and of course you’ll also receive your free copy of my Welcome Gift for Subscribers - Believe in Yourself!
To learn more - press here.