Words of Wisdom for Challenging Times
Quotations are a gateway for the dreamers; breath to the lovers; hope to the hopeless; affirmation to the faithful; a reminder to the disillusioned; and a beacon to the wandering. ~Author Unknown
When faced with the brunt of unexpected change or a life crisis, it is far too easy to fall into the trap of negative thinking; preventing you from moving forward and blinding you to potential opportunities for growth.
The perspective of someone who has gone though a similar situation and learned insightful lessons can simply be invaluable to help us replace negative scripts with positive self-talk; to lift the spirit and to give us a reason to press on.
And of course, the single most important lesson of all is that you do have the power to design the life you really want if you choose to. You do not have to settle for what you think is life’s role for you. You have the power to grow stronger and more resilient … any and all self-limiting beliefs can be overcome.
From Words of Wisdom for Challenging Times …
There are very few experiences in life that are completely unique. Quotations prove to us that we are not alone, that someone else has experienced the same thing, and survived … if they can, so can we!
- The worst thing that one can do is to not try … to be aware of what one wants and not give in to it, to spend years in silent hurt wondering if something could have materialized … and never knowing. ~David Viscott
- Quit hanging on to the handrails . . . Let go. Surrender. Go for the ride of your life. Do it every day. ~Melody Beattie
- To dream anything that you want to dream … that’s the beauty of the human mind. To do anything that you want to do … that is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself to test your limits … that is the courage to succeed. ~Bernard Edmonds
- Accept everything about yourself. I mean everything. You are you, and that is the beginning and the end; No apologies, no regrets. ~Clark Montanas.
- Your time is limited; don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinion drowned your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary. ~Steve Jobs
- Each choice we make causes a ripple effect in our lives. When things happen to us, it is the reaction we choose that can create the difference between the sorrows of our past and the joy in our future. ~Chelle Thompson
- If you decide to just go with the flow, you’ll end up where the flow goes, which is usually downhill, often leading to a big pile of sludge and a life of unhappiness. You’ll end up doing what everyone else is doing. ~Sean Covey
- All my life I had been looking for something, and everywhere I turned someone tried to tell me what it was. I accepted their answers too, though they were often in contradiction and even self-contradictory. I was naive. I was looking for myself and asking everyone except myself questions which I, and only I, could answer. It took me a long time and much painful boomeranging of my expectations to achieve a realization everyone else appears to have been born with: that I am nobody but myself. ~Ralph Ellison
- When the Japanese mend broken objects, they aggrandize the damage by filling the cracks with gold. They believe that when something’s suffered damage and has a history it becomes more beautiful. ~Barbara Bloom
- Not many people are willing to give failure a second opportunity. They fail once and it is all over. The bitter pill of failure is often more than most people can handle. If you are willing to accept failure and learn from it, if you are willing to consider failure as a blessing in disguise and bounce back, you have got the essential of harnessing one of the most powerful success forces. ~Joseph Sugarman
- True hope dwells on the possible, even when life seems to be a plot written by someone who wants to see how many obstacles we can overcome. True hope responds to the real world, to real life; it is an active effort. ~Walter Anderson
- People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success. ~Norman Vincent Peale
- Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today? ~Mary Manin Morrissey
- I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot… and I missed. I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that’s precisely why I succeed. ~Michael Jordan
- I’m going to smile and make you think I’m happy, I’m going to laugh, so you don’t see me cry, I’m going to let you go in style, and even if it kills me – I’m going to smile. ~Author Unknown
- The world is your mirror and your mind is a magnet. What you perceive in this world is largely a reflection of your own attitudes and beliefs. Life will give you what you attract with your thoughts think, act and talk negatively and your world will be negative. Think and act and talk with enthusiasm and you will attract positive results. ~Michael LeBeuf
- The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think about your three best friends. If they’re okay, then it’s you. ~Rita Mae Brown (Just checking to see if you’re paying attention.)
- Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is. ~Mary Anne Racmacher
Why do we love quotations?
Quotations comfort us and always seem to come at the right time … they can make us laugh in one moment, and cry in the next as they speak to our deepest longings. Quotations share a spot on our desks; turn yellow underneath the magnet on refrigerators; fall out of wallets; are pressed in books; and etched on glass. Quotations inspire and motivate.
We love quotations because they give so much to us.
I hope you will consider joining the IGG Community! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up, and then each new article will be conveniently delivered to your email inbox … and of course you’ll also receive your free copy of your free welcome gift for subscribers.
To learn more – press here.